We prepared an incredible and simple step-by-step tutorial for you to make a hair towel wrap!
Check the images, and further down in this post you will find the step-by-step video and the downloadable and ready-to-use sewing pattern.
Let's start to make our hair towel wrap!
For this project you need:
- Microfiber cloth or towel
- A button
- Thread *We recommend the Gütermann brand
- Needles for microfiber by Schmetz
- Sewing machine
Assemble the patterns as indicated in the pattern guide image. And join the fabrics right sides together.
Extend it on a flat surface and place your pattern aligning it with the fabric thread.
Hold the pattern with pins and cut the fabric.
- If the fabric is thick, cut one piece at time
Then, pass the marks or notches to the fabric to locate:
- The elastic
- The button
- And one more notch to align the seams so they don’t fade
Cut 10cm of elastic.
Fold the elastic in half and place it in the mark that corresponds on the right of the fabric.
Pass a straight seam very close to the seam allowance to fix the elastic.
Place the piece marked with the number 1.
Sew all around the edge at .4”.
- Remember to backstitch at the beginning and end of each seam
When finished, you will have the elastic-free for the right of the piece.
- If the fabric is fraying, we recommend overlocking or overcasting all the edges of the piece
After the overcasting stitch is finish turn the piece over to the right and mark the hem .4” from the bottom edge.
Sew the bottom contour hem with a straight stitch and place the button in the union seam.
- Guide yourself by the notch of the seam that you marked at the beginning
We are going to use the button presser foot.
- Make the necessary adjustments to the tension and stitch width on your machine
- Raise and lower the needle manually; this way, you make sure that the needle doesn’t hit any of the button edges
When finished, tie a couple of knots on the back of the garment to secure the button.
That is how you get an efficient ready-to-use hair towel wrap.
How to use it?
To clarify, here we share the step-by-step with a video tutorial to make it more straightforward for you to follow the procedure.
Dreamer! We hope this project inspires you to create your own hair towel wrap; please try it, and you will see how it’s easy to achieve!
Don’t forget to subscribe; remember that it’s for free!
This way, you’ll never miss our content by receiving it directly in your e-mail.
See you in another post! And bye for now!